Infinite Campus trademarks are used in connection with products and services to assure customers of the quality and reliability of our software and support. Infinite Campus has obtained valuable intellectual property rights through the proper and continuous use of our trademarks. The following usage guidelines have been developed to maintain the protectability, integrity, and value of our trademarks.
A trademark is a word, phrase, logo, brand name, or symbol used by Infinite Campus to identify the source of our goods and services and to distinguish them from other companies’ products. Trademarks are commonly marked with either a TM or ® symbol. The TM symbol designates an unregistered trademark, and the ® symbol designates a registered trademark.
By using an Infinite Campus trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Infinite Campus is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with Infinite Campus’ rights in the trademark, including challenging Infinite Campus’ use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Infinite Campus trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of an Infinite Campus trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Infinite Campus, Inc. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these trademark usage guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise.
You may use Infinite Campus trademarks to refer to Infinite Campus products in marketing, promotional literature, web sites, print materials and other media, if you adhere to the following guidance:
· You follow these trademark usage guidelines;
· You do not disparage Infinite Campus or Infinite Campus products and services;
· You do not imply a relationship or association with Infinite Campus that does not exist; and
· You use an appropriate notice on all trademarks and a footnote indicating that the trademark(s) is owned by Infinite Campus, Inc.
1. Use the mark as an adjective, not a noun or a verb, followed by the generic term for the product/service involved.
An example of a trademark used properly:
We store our data in the INFINITE CAMPUS® student information system.
An improper trademark use:
Enter the data in INFINITE CAMPUS.
2. A trademark should not be hyphenated (unless that is the registered form of the mark), abbreviated, or used in the possessive or plural form.
3. Use appropriate markings. Always designate the trademark with the appropriate superscript TM or ® symbol.
4. The use must reflect favorably on both Infinite Campus and Infinite Campus products or technology.
5. Attribute ownership of Infinite Campus trademarks to Infinite Campus, Inc. Use a trademark attribution notice where appropriate on all websites, printed material, and other media.
______________ is a trademark of Infinite Campus, Inc.
6. If used on a website (unless other written permission has been given):
a) The use must be referential and less prominent than the title of the site;
b) Your name and logo must appear more prominent than the Infinite Campus logo on the website; and
c) A disclaimer of affiliation, sponsorship, or endorsement by Infinite Campus, like the following, must be included on the website:
[Title] is an independent software program and has not been authorized, endorsed, or otherwise approved by Infinite Campus, Inc.
7. Do not use any Infinite Campus logos in a product without a trademark license from Infinite Campus. Contact the Infinite Campus Legal Department at the address below if you are interested in a license to use an Infinite Campus logo in a product or require further guidance on proper trademark usage.
Infinite Campus, Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
4321 109th Avenue NE
Blaine, MN 55449