Finance, Human Resources and Payroll System Receives Minnesota DOE Certification
Jan 9, 2013 – Blaine, Minn. – Infinite Campus has received official certification as an approved Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) financial software vendor. Infinite Campus will be added to the list of approved finance systems certified for UFARS reporting listed in the FY 2013 UFARS manual. Infinite Campus financial system is the only finance system to be certified in the last 15 years.
In order to receive this certification, the following steps were required:
- A written request to MDE School Finance Division for consideration for software approval including a statement from a school district board or a charter school board of directors that has agreed to be a pilot site for Infinite Campus software.
- Completion of the Financial Accounting Software Review Questionnaire.
- Provide an on-site demonstration of the software for MDE staff.
- Submission of a data file to the MDE submission site for the last closed fiscal year (FY2011). Review by MDE staff of the submitted file to ensure that the system meets state standards for software, data elements and edits. The test file must match the previously submitted audited file from another software vendor.
- Submission of a current year (FY 2012) file that must match the district’s audited compliance report. All data elements and edit checks must meet MDE standards.
All of these steps have been completed to MDE’s satisfaction and Infinite Campus is now approved as a certified software vendor.
“Over the past several months, we have been working with Infinite Campus on the certification of their Finance/HR/Payroll software. This process has allowed us to review our systems and processes, which has resulted in changes that will make us more efficient in the future. As we continue to implement the new software, the planning and management capabilities contained in the software will provide us with tools to project, plan, and manage our resources more effectively. This new software should position the Centennial Schools to respond to the challenges ahead for years to come,” says Dan Huffman, Director of Business Affairs, Centennial School District.
Infinite Campus Finance, Human Resources and Payroll integration with Infinite Campus Student Information System significantly enhances the value of Campus applications. It delivers timely, complete and relevant district information into the hands of users with ability to take appropriate action. The Campus Financial system will also improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness by eliminating manual processes and by providing access to information and ease of usability.